Thursday, July 30, 2009

CSA week 8

  • 1 head cabbage (cone shaped, I don't know the name)
  • 1 head napa cabbage
  • 1 bunch of dill
  • baby/medium carrots
  • red kale
  • 3 lbs cherries
  • 1 pint blueberries

This week was rather productive. I made blueberry muffins with a crumb topping. The blueberries had just the right amount of tartness- delicious. I made a sweet cherry pie with an almond-coconut topping- amazing as well, the recipe is a keeper. I found both recipes on other blogs, and also on foodgawker.com
I got zucchini and peas from my uncle, and I plan on making a chocolate cake with the club-sized zucchini.
I also made some cukes sitting in a brine with the dill- I can't wait to dig into those pickles. I want to eat them all today, but my hubby loves full sour pickles, so we must wait. and wait.
I'm also waiting for my vegetable garden to come to fruition. We have some pepper plants that are just about ready to be picked, some green tomatoes, and the cucumber plants are going to explode as soon as I go on vacation, I know it. You turn your back, lift a leaf, and woah, there's a 12" cucumber. If my pickles turn out well, we will be eating a LOT of pickles. Yea!

Too bad I can't quit my day job to cook full time.

No comments: