Wednesday, September 2, 2009

CSA week 12

You may notice that week 12 and week 13 were both posted on the same day- I'm not naming names, but someone forgot to post.
So here's week 12!

  • 1/2 lb spinach
  • 2 heads lettuce
  • one bunch of radishes
  • 4 tomatoes
  • 6 ears corn
  • too much zucchini
  • 1 bunch greens (arugula)
For fruits we got 5 lbs of peaches, plums, apricots and nectarines!

I had some good cooking adventures- I made taco bake with lots of corn and tomatoes, all served on a bed of lettuce. I also made stuffed shells with a ratatouille of garden vegetables instead of a red sauce. Will is still in his "i don't like zucchini" mode. He told me he didn't like it when I was cooking it, he told me he didn't like it when we were eating it, but he still managed to polish off the leftovers.
I also made thai chicken wraps. Will grilled up some chicken tenders in one of my favorite (and easiest!) marinades, and I served it in a wrap on a bed of arugula with swiss cheese and a peanut satay sauce. My only recommendation is don't use the wegmans refrigerated tortillas for the time being. I have the patience of a saint, and these are practically cemented together! Their recommendation to roll the package to separate them is total BS. Out of 8 tortillas, we had 3 usable ones with a few holes in them, and one of the usables was three tortillas thick in the middle.

Chicken Satay marinade
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
salt and pepper to taste



No comments: