Monday, August 10, 2009

CSA week 10

We just got back from Maine on Friday (well technically Saturday, due to a stop at the outlets on the way home) and my awesome dad picked up the share while we were away. I told them to eat whatever they wanted; I was kinda looking for a break from cooking all of the veggies. While they did take some (half of the spinach and blueberries, and the cilantro), there is still a ton left. We had:

  • 1 quart blueberries
  • a bunch of apricots and plums
  • 1 bunch radishes
  • 1 bunch spinach
  • 1 bunch beets
  • 2 zucchini
  • 1 bunch cilantro
As if that was not enough, we stopped at the local farmers market and picked up some fresh leeks and potatoes. Apparently the way to my hubby's heart is with soup. This time it was potato leek soup.

I am also trying to eat my abundance of zucchini- yesterday was a 2-recipe day, and I only used a third of our monster zucchini. We had Chocolate zucchini bread and Zucchini fritters. both were amaaaazingly good. I am always looking for recipes where you forget you're eating zucchini, so let me know if you have any ideas.

No comments: