Wednesday, June 24, 2009

CSA week 3

It's official, the fruit share is here! This week we got 3 quarts of strawberries (all organic, just like the veggies), and they were delicious (emphasis on the were). Thursday we had strawberry shortcake, Saturday we had strawberries with chocolate fondue, and Monday I tried making a Strawberry Margarita pie. It wasn't fully frozen by the time I served it. I don't know whether it was because I didn't freeze it long enough, didn't store it in the deep freeze freezer, or if it was because I was an alcoholic and kept adding more tequila "to taste". The recipe wasn't perfect, but it was still a fairly delicious frozen concoction.

So here's the rest of the share:
  • one head butter lettuce
  • one head romaine
  • mustard greens
  • radishes
  • one pound spinach
  • one bunch arugula
  • bok choy (still in need of loving as of Wednesday)

No comments: