Thursday, June 18, 2009

CSA week 2

I'm such a slacker- it's Thursday and the day to pick up the new batch of produce, yet I have yet to blog or finish cooking everything from last week. Aarghhh!

So here's what we received week 2:

  • 2 lbs red spinach
  • 1 bunch mustard greens
  • 1 bunch arugula
  • a baby bok choy
It's hard work eating all these vegetables. I cooked up the spinach in some bacon fat and feta cheese, and made an asian-inspired slaw salad with the baby bok choy and the radishes from last week. Half of the arugula and the bunch of mustard greens are stll sitting in the fridge. (Here comes the rant) I'm glad I get to pick out the veggies this week. If Will wanted the mustard greens so badly, then how come he didn't cook them himself? I know I love to cook, but I would have preferred the rapini, or a helper in the kitchen.

No comments: